February is a short, yet mighty, month where we have lots to celebrate. Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, Optimist Day, Wear Red Day, Play Outside Day, Ash Wednesday, Love Your Pet Day, American Heart Month, Black History Month and so on. Celebrating February as the shortest month of the year with some self-love is both nourishing and exciting.
This year, consider celebrating YOU! Below are 7 ways ideas to bring self-love into your routine:
- Send yourself flowers. We have amazing flower shops here in Winona and it would be a great way to support local businesses as well as nourishing yourself by bringing something pleasant into your home.
- Date Night. Consider watching your favorite movie or try a new one. Bring the movie theater experience into your own living room. Don’t forget the popcorn and your favorite beverage!
- Try a new recipe. Make time to get creative in the kitchen. Spice up a personal favorite or try a new recipe someone shared with you.
- Pamper yourself. Light your favorite candle, draw a nice warm bath, play your favorite relaxing music, and enjoy. Afterwards, settle in with a good book, a cup of hot tea and cozy up in your favorite blanket.
- Purchase something nice. Buy the book that has been on your read list, purchase the sweater you have been looking at, or the houseplant you’ve been wanting to add to your collection.
- Bake. Nothing beats a warm kitchen with the wafting scent of homecooked goodies.
- Play cupid. Spend a little extra time nourishing yourself and others. Spend an extra 5 minutes in bed, or send a quick message to a great friend, give to your favorite charity, call a family member.
Spread some L-O-V-E!
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Studio Class Schedule:
6:00pm Restorative Yoga with Katie K- via ZOOM
8:15am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- Elle- ZOOM option available only
5:45-6:45pm Winter Flow: Welcoming Warmth & Resilience – Sarah
8:35am Qi Gong & T’ai Chi with Lynn
5:00pm Flow with Katie Sarah via ZOOM
7:45am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- All Levels with Elle – ZOOM option available only
10:35-11:45am Qi Gong & T’ai Chi – Lynn Carlson
Infinity Yoga Studio Staff