April is here!
This is the perfect time to enjoy yoga and receive it’s cleansing benefits! At the beginning of the year many people started their yoga practice, while others deepened their practice. It was a time to celebrate and be intentional with being healthier.
Easter is a perfect time as well. Now is a time to connect with our breath and our body’s movements while celebrating rebirth and a new beginning; one of hope and renewal. Get your family and friend engaged…and don’t forget the kids! Kids love yoga!!
Here are some suggestions for your Easter Yoga practice:
- Practice outside. Connect with your senses: touch, smell, taste, hear. Tune into your surroundings and invite them into your practice.
- Enjoy poses that resemble the thinks we associate with Easter. Can you move your body into a shape of an egg, a duck, a bunny? Explore all the different shapes your body can make.
- Do four rounds of Sun Salutations. Soak in the return of the sun!
- Try hip openers. This is a great way to bring hope and joy back into our lives. Hips are a place we tend to store anger.
- Savasana!! Create space and allow for extra time to experience whatever emotions may rise. Enter and exit this pose slowly and gently.
Enjoy your Easter weekend all. Even if you don’t recognize Easter as a Holiday, do something kind for yourself. Get outdoors; connect with nature and your inner being. Life has so much to offer and the blooming of all the amazing creatures we are surrounded with reminds us how amazing our life cycle is. Be present. Move. Breathe.
“Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.”
~Janine di Giovanni
Easter Sunday there will be no yoga classes. Katie’s Restorative Yoga will return on April 11th.
We are still following COVID-19 protocols in studio. However, we are now able to increase our class size a bit as we can practice safely at 6 feet apart. We also have allowed some props to come back to assist us in our practices. All other protocols have not changed. If you have any questions, contact your teacher, or email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All classes still need to be pre-registered with the option of purchasing a punch card or by calling the studio at 507-453-7941 for a single class. If you need to purchase another punch card, you may stop into the clinic or call.
7:00pm Restorative Yoga with Katie K- via ZOOM (no class on Easter Sunday; class will resume April 11)
8:15am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- Elle- via ZOOM
5:45-6:45pm Winter Flow: Welcoming Warmth & Resilience – Sarah- in studio
9:30am Qi Gong & T’ai Chi with Lynn-in studio
5:00pm Flow with Katie Sarah- via ZOOM
7:45am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- All Levels with Elle – via zoom
10:35-11:45am Qi Gong & T’ai Chi-Lynn-in studio
Your Infinity Yoga Studio Staff