NOURISHMENT IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST FOOD
5 ways to nourish yourself inside….
I want to share some out-of-the-box ways to think about nourishing your body, mind, and spirit…
Why am I using the word “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food?
That’s a great question! The reason I am using the word nourishment outside of its regular foodie context is because we often find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and wonderful ways to nourish ourselves.
What does it mean to nourish myself without food?
We forget that taking a walk in the woods with our dog is calming and rejuvenating. That lying on the bed listening to a favorite song while feeling the breeze on our face is soothing and relaxing. That feeling of the grass tickling our feet as we watch the clouds drift by is as good as meditation! We actually “eat” all day with our senses… we “consume” our environment through touch, feel, taste, sound, and sight.
Here are 5 ways to nourish your senses, starting today…
- Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and loved ones that make you feel good about yourself and say goodbye to the ones that drain your energy.
- Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and energy. So, if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, it’s time to kick off your shoes and run wild through a park so you can feel sunshine on your back and breeze on your skin.
- Connections: We spend so much of our time alone at our computers or behind high walls and yet it’s so important for our spirits to make connections with others. Join a club or attend a community event and make new connections!
- Sleep: There is no way around it—there is just nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to better functioning.
- Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited and keeps the oxygen circulating through your system, so you can feel refreshed and alive.
October 2022 YOGA STUDIO SCHEDULE MUST PRE-REGISTER BY EMAILING INFINITYWINONAYOGA@GMAIL.COM AND PURCHASE A PUNCH CARD OR SINGLE CLASS
Oct 2, 9, 16 @ 7pm Yin- Kärin
8:15am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- Elle- via ZOOM
8:00am Morning Vinyasa Flow- Kassie
6:00pm Fall Flow: Embracing Transition -Sarah
8:15am Forrest Inspired Vinyasa- All Levels – Elle – via zoom
9:30am Qi Gong & T’ai Chi -Lynn
Infinity Yoga Studio Staff